Saturday 17 October 2009

Nagashima Spaland

We arrived late at the Nagashima Spaland park and the park was closed and the only things open were the Spa (denied entry) and a small restaurant. In fact I got the strongest response at this hotel over the spa thing. The girl behind the desk couldn't understand what I was asking for so I showed her some of the tattoo, to which she started to cry.

EPV0261
EPV0266
EPV0278
So I took a few photos of Steel Dragon and then went to bed.

The group had visited this park on the last Japan trip and Steel Dragon was down. Also half of the duelling mouse coaster was not running so in terms of new rides that was all I had to do. Everything else in this last park had been ridden previously so 4 of us had decided to just do these rides before heading off to another park nearby.

EPV0003
In the morning, being hotel guests we got a jump on the public and made our way over to Steel Dragon.

EPV0001
Well the Spas not liking tattoos I could handle but the park has a similar disdain for them. Great!

EPV0004
Some bad and good news, only half of the mouse coaster was running. The good news was that the side that was down was the side I'd ridden before. So one missing credit achieved!

EPV0005
EPV0016
Steel Dragon was also open. Superb! But more bad and good news. Whilst the ride was open and running it wasn't actually that exciting. With Daidasaurus now closed at Expoland Steel Dragon is the longest coaster and the fifth tallest coaster in the world but it rode like a childrens ride. Just too gentle and safe. There was little thrill to it at all.

EPV0011
With a little time left before our taxi to the next park departed I also managed a couple of goes on the park's Bobcart ride. Something I managed to miss the last time I was here.

So I'd done the rides I'd wanted to and whilst Nagashima Spaland is an impressive park, it was time to leave the group here and head off to Japan Monkey Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment